The annual tradition is back now through Christmas Eve but this year you’ll need a reservation, and you’ll find Santa wearing a face shield and other precautions. To make a reservation or learn more, visit www.basspro.com/santa or www.cabelas.com/santa.
Families who visit Santa receive a free 4×6 studio-quality photo, as well as a free customized digital video that can be shared on social media. In addition, families can mail their letter to Santa and bring home free holiday craft activity kits.
“Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s is proud to invite families to the beloved tradition of visiting Santa Claus in person this holiday season, with a reimagined free Santa’s Wonderland experience inside all its destination retail stores back by popular demand. Through an innovative contactless visit with Santa and a variety of health measures, Santa’s Wonderland will prioritize everyone’s safety while allowing kids and families to share their Christmas wishes directly with Santa Claus,” Bass Pro Shops said.
Safety precautions this year are:
- Free Digital Reservations: Advance digital reservations are required for all guests and can be made online. Spots are limited to allow appropriate physical distancing and additional cleaning.
- Temperature Screening: All families and team members will complete temperature screening with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering Santa’s Wonderland.
- Magic Santa Shield: An innovative, glare-free clear protective barrier will be in place between Santa and families at all times to allow for a contactless experience. The shield is cleaned and sanitized between each visit.
- Physical Distancing: Families will standby in a designated area away from other shoppers with fun winter wonderland-themed floor decals and signage to ensure a safe distance.
- Santa’s Sanitation Squad: Santa’s team of elves will clean all surfaces between each visit and frequently ensure all safety measures are being implemented correctly.
- Face coverings: All team members throughout the store are required to wear face coverings. Customer requirements vary by location based on local public health guidelines.