Amazon has a 2-month subscription to their Kindle Unlimited program for $5.
For more details or to sign up visit:
If you sign up, after the special you’ll be charged at the regular rate of $9.99 a month until you cancel at www.amazon.com/kucentral.
Kindle Unlimited provides:
- Unlimited access to over 1 million books.
- A rotating selection of popular magazines.
- Listen to thousands of books with Audible narration.
- Read anytime, on any device with the Kindle app.
To read Kindle books you can use a Kindle eReader, which is optimized for reading Kindle books, or you can use other smart devices such as an Amazon Fire tablet, a smartphone, or most any tablet. All you’ll need to do is install the free Kindle App for iPhones and iPads, Android / Google phones, or PCs.
See videos below for more information on the Kindle App and Kindle Unlimited.
Deal Terms and Conditions
• Limited time offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Does not apply to prior purchases. Offer is non-transferable, may not be resold, and may not be combined with other offers.
• After the free trial or purchased period, you authorize us to charge your credit card on file or another available payment method $9.99 USD/month plus any applicable taxes until you cancel. You may cancel your subscription at any time by visiting www.amazon.com/kucentral and adjusting your settings.
• If you cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription during the purchased period, a refund will not be issued.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
If you recently bought a Kindle, you’ll need to go through a one-time setup. To start, all you need is access to a Wifi network. If you do not have Wifi, you can connect at a free network at your local library and many fast food places such as McDonald’s and Panera.
- Turn on the Kindle by pressing the power button on the bottom
- Select your preferred language
- Click Get Started
- Click Connect to Wifi and connect.
- Log into your Amazon account. This is all you need to do to register your Kindle with Amazon. If you do not have an Amazon account, you can create one right on the Kindle.
- Next you can connect to Facebook or Twitter, but you can also skip this step.
- Next you’ll get offered a free trial to Kindle Unlimited. The free trial is good for 30 days, after which you’ll be billed $9.99 a month. If you’re unsure, you should click on No Thanks. (More about Kindle Unlimited later.)
- Finally, your Kindle will offer you some suggestions on how to use it. Now you’re ready to download some books.
Amazon does a good job of explaining all this in a three-minute video from Youtube below.
Add Your First Kindle Book
Now you’re ready to start adding books. Let’s start by adding one of the thousands of free classics available from Amazon. How about: A Christmas Carol.
Here’s how to get this free book using your Kindle:
- Turn on your Kindle and click on the Home button (upper left on your Kindle)
- Click on the search icon (a magnifying glass) and enter: Free Classics
- Click on See All
- Pick one of the free books, such as A Christmas Carol. Verify that the price is $0 then click on Buy for Free. The book will download, probably within a minute.
- Then click on Read Now or go to your Home page and you’ll see your newly added book. Click on it to start reading.
Adding More Books to Kindle
Amazon’s main Kindle Book Store is at: Amazon Kindle Store.
The latest bestsellers usually sell for $14.99. However, Amazon has hundreds of free or 99-cent Kindle books. If you like classics, you should review the Amazon Classics store, which has works from Charles Dickens, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Mark Twain, and hundreds of others. You can find this at : Amazon Classics
You don’t have to be on your Kindle to get Kindle books. In fact, it’s probably easier to browse the Kindle store from your PC or smartphone. If you buy a Kindle Book from a PC or your phone, it will be automatically delivered to your Kindle.
If you’re a voracious reader, you might try Kindle Unlimited, Amazon’s $9.99 / month subscription service. It gives you access to thousands of Kindle books (not bestsellers though) and many magazines.
Kindle Books on Your Phone or PC
Although the Kindle ereader is usually recommended as the best way for ebook reading, you can use your phone or PC instead. Here’s an introduction to the Kindle app for your iPhone.