Turner Classic Movies will show 23 Alfred Hitchcock films in a Hitchcock Binge Weekend starting Saturday, June 26, 2021.
Director Martin Scorsese worked with TCM to create the Hitchcock Bing-Watch Weekend.
“I’m not a binge-watcher, but I like the idea of the Hitchcock Binge-Watch Weekend that the TCM programmers have put together for the last weekend of the month,” Scorcese wrote in a column for TCM.
“Twenty-three movies in two days and nights, made over a 50-year span from The Lodger to Family Plot. Some of the pictures are among the greatest ever made, and all of them are crucial to any real understanding of cinema. They are foundational to the grammar and language of the art form and they cut deeper and deeper every time I watch them.”
You can see these classic Hitchcock films on June 26-28, 2021. Eight of them are in what IMDB says are the Top 10 Alfred Hitchcock Movies.
Saturday, June 26
- 6:00 am Sabotage (1936): An unhappily married woman discovers her husband is an enemy agent. Cast: Sylvia Sidney, Oscar Homolka, Desmond Tester.
- 7:30 AM The 39 Steps (1935) A man falsely suspected of killing a spy races across Scotland handcuffed to the beautiful blonde who turned him in. Cast: Robert Donat, Madeleine Carroll, Lucie Mannheim.
- 9:00 AM The Wrong Man (1956). Based on the true story of a musician wrongly accused of robbing an insurance company. Cast: Henry Fonda, Vera Miles, Anthony Quayle.
- 11:00 AM Saboteur (1942). A young man accused of sabotage goes on the lam to prove his innocence. Cast: Priscilla Lane, Robert Cummings, Otto Kruger
- 1:00 PM Torn Curtain (1966). An American scientist fakes a defection into Communist East Germany. Cast: Paul Newman, Julie Andrews, Lila Kedrova.
- 3:15 PM North by Northwest (1959). A suave, successful New York advertising executive is mistaken for a spy, triggering a deadly cross-country chase. Cast: Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, James Mason. This is number 1 in the IMDB list of the Top 10 Alfred Hitchcock Movies.
- 5:45 PM Vertigo (1958). A detective falls for the mysterious woman he’s been hired to tail. Cast: James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes.
- 8:00 PM The Birds (1963). An immense flock of birds descends upon a seacoast town and terrorizes residents. Cast: Rod Taylor, Tippi Hedren, Jessica Tandy.
- 10:15 PM Rear Window (1954). A photographer with a broken leg uncovers a murder while spying on his neighbors. Cast: James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey.
Sunday, June 27
- 12:15 AM Shadow of a Doubt (1943). Young Charlie is a small-town girl consumed with finding out whether her unhinged Uncle Charlie is a murderer. Cast: Teresa Wright, Joseph Cotten, Macdonald Carey.
- 2:30 AM Strangers on a Train (1951). A man’s joking suggestion that he and a chance acquaintance trade murders turns deadly. Cast: Farley Granger, Ruth Roman, Robert Walker.
- 4:30 AM Family Plot (1976). A phony psychic is hired to trace the whereabouts of a woman’s nephew. Cast: Karen Black, Bruce Dern, Barbara Harris. This is Hitchcock’s last movie.
- 6:30 AM The Lady Vanishes (1938). Miss Froy disappears on her return train trip from a vacation in the Balkans. Cast: Margaret Lockwood, Michael Redgrave, Paul Lukas.
- 8:15 AM Suspicion (1941). A young woman marries a charming man after a brief romance but then comes to believe that he wants to murder her for her inheritance. Cast: Cary Grant, Joan Fontaine, Sir Cedric Hardwicke.
- 10:00 AM Shadow of a Doubt (1943). Young Charlie is a small-town girl consumed with finding out whether her unhinged Uncle Charlie is a murderer. Cast: Teresa Wright, Joseph Cotten, Macdonald Carey.
- 12:15 PM Rope (1948). Two wealthy young men try to commit the perfect crime by murdering a friend. Cast: Dick Hogan, John Dall, Farley Granger.
- 1:45 PM The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956). International spies kidnap a doctor’s son when he stumbles on their assassination plot. Cast: James Stewart, Doris Day, Brenda De Banzie.
- 4:00 PM Dial M for Murder (1954). A straying husband frames his wife for the murder of the man he’d hired to kill her. Starring Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings
6:00 PM The Trouble with Harry (1955). A corpse creates a world of trouble for several passersby who each believe they may have caused the death. Cast: Edmund Gwenn, John Forsythe, Mildred Natwick.
- 8:00 PM Psycho (1960). A woman on the run gets mixed up with a repressed young man and his violent mother. Cast: Janet Leigh, Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin.
- 10:00 PM Marnie (1964). A rich man marries a compulsive thief and tries to unlock the secrets of her mind. Cast: Tippi Hedren, Sean Connery, Diane Baker.
Monday, June 28
- 12:15 AM The Lodger (1927). A family running a boarding house suspects their new tenant is Jack the Ripper. Cast: Ivor Novello, Malcolm Keen, Marie Ault.
- 2:15 AM The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934). While vacationing in Switzerland, a British couple gets wrapped up in an assassination plot. Cast: Leslie Banks, Edna Best, Nova Pilbeam.
- 3:45 AM Frenzy (1972). When a temperamental man’s ex-wife falls victim to a serial killer, he becomes the number one suspect. Cast Jon Finch, Barry Foster, Barbara Leigh-hunt
Below are trailers for Rear Window, showing on June 26, and Shadow of a Doubt, showing on June 27.
For more TCM highlights in June see: TCM June 2021 Highlights